I was excited to teach today. This is the first lesson where we start to get into the meat of speech writing— we’re through the introduction chapter and the chapter on listening. This chapter is the foundation for everything so we are spending two class sessions on the material. I felt that the students were feeling like I was rushing through the material, but hopefully after Thursday’s class they will feel like everything is clear.
It’s still early in the semester, but I feel that my outfit today is professional in structure, but infused with personality based on the print of the blouse. Ask yourself– what is more “business-like and professional” than a button up blouse, pencil skirt, and pumps? But, this ain’t no boring button up– it’s animal print!
I had a few outfits picked out for today. This wasn’t the first outfit that I pulled out of the closet but it is the first one that I tried on and I liked it enough that I didn’t even try on the other outfit. I think that I will save that for Thursday or Friday– you will have to come back and see!
- (Always In) Style- Pencil Skirt (stoneandrose.com)
- Fab Finding Follow-Up: Affordable Work Attire (fabsugar.com)
- Get the Secretary Look with Vintage Fashions (thebestinvintage.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 15: Speeches and Presentations (elisamaura.wordpress.com)
- If Days Were Twice as Long, Obama’d Write His Own Speeches (usnews.com)