Wednesday was a speech day– one of my favorite types of day. It is nice to be able to sit back and listen to the students deliver their speeches. Although, it’s not all fun and games. I still have to evaluate each speaker. The class does peer evaluations also, but they only have to evaluate two speakers, so the other two they get to sit back and enjoy. Usually, since I’m not going to be taking center stage as much, I like to take the opportunity to dress down a bit.
And, Wednesday was no exception. I chose to wear my leopard print tie-neck button up. I had originally envisioned pairing it with khaki trousers, but when I put the outfit on it was a complete khaki overload. I’ve paired this top with a black pencil skirt and black dress pants before, so in an effort to style it differently, I reached for my denim colored trousers. And they worked. (I feel like I almost always reach for these pants on speech days– it’s about as close as I can get to wearing jeans in the classroom!) To finish off this outfit, I chose red patent leather ballet flats and silver accessories (again, trying to be different.)
The demonstrative speeches were very interesting. The students have to select something that ties in to their program of study or intended career choice, so I get to learn about a wide variety of topics!
- Trend Alert: Khaki on Khaki (fabsugar.com)
- Trending in History: 30′s, 40′s, 50′s. (hashtagbubbly.wordpress.com)
- “But I Don’t Have Anything to Wear?”: Creating Staple Wardrobe Pieces (gchicnotes.com)
- See How to Style Leopard Print for Spring! (fabsugar.com)
- 5 Rules of a Well-Rounded Closet (uloop.com)
- The 8 Key Elements of Highly Effective Speech (psychologytoday.com)